Why Hire a Designer?
Your home is one of the biggest investments that you will make in your life. Having a well designed, well thought out home can be a huge asset to your life, emotionally and financially. As much as we all love that inexpensive DIY project, it is not always a positive investment for our home. After all, it is the place that we come home to everyday, make memories, and raise our families in, shouldn't it be perfect?
1. Money Matters- Most people believe that doing it themselves will save them money. Having your handy neighbour do that job that looks easy, could end up costing you even more in the long run. Spend the money on a professional and do it right the first time.
2. Trained Eye- A designer is educated on how to make a space beautiful and functional. Staying up to date on trends and having access to innovative products gives them a creative edge.
3. Wide Range of Resources- Designers have special perks within the industry; a sort of "VIP Access" into high quality products in a wide range of colours and styles. Through a designer’s contacts you can furnish your home with unique custom pieces you won't find in a "cookie cutter" home. Uniquely YOU!
4. Project Management/Budgeting- There is so many elements to consider when it comes to completing your project. Having a budgeting system in place will keep your project moving smoothly and will ensure you won't break the bank.
5. Outside Of The Box Ideas- Knowing your home's full potential can be tough. A fresh idea or a new and innovative element can change the way you look at your space and change your outlook on how you feel about a certain style.
6. Adding Real Estate Value- It is important to add value to your home but also to create a versatile design scheme that will work for the next person who may live in your home. A designer will know the right colours and styles to give your home the best potential value.
7. Alleviate Stress- Renovations can be extremely stressful so it will be worth every penny to have an expert to pull you through your project.
8. Passion/Motivation- How many projects have you started around the house and never finished? Or even finished but taken much longer to complete than anticipated? With a professional by your side, your project will get done on a reasonable timeline.
9. Trade Connections- Not sure who is the best painter or plumber to use? Designers have access to the best professionals who will get the work done right the first time. These are connections you need to have!
10. Wow Factor With Finished Project- The end result is the most rewarding part of the process. With proper planning and design you can have a home that is functional, comfortable and stylish. A feeling that is worth every last cent.